- Insurance Claim
- Best Scenario – No Damage at All!
If in fact you do have damage to warrant insurance involvement, we will help you throughout the entire claims process by:
- Meeting with your insurance adjuster on site to ensure that all the damages are pointed out.
- Provide your insurance company with a detailed estimate for roof repair or replacement.
Insurance Claims Process
The insurance claims process can be intimidating and time consuming. Most insurance companies want to properly service their clients’ claims, but it helps when everyone is familiar with the process. Fiddler’s Roofing is experienced in the claims process and would like to offer our assistance.
If you suspect hail or wind damage to your roof from an old or recent storm, contact Fiddler’s Roofing for your free inspection and consultation. If our certified inspector recommends an inspection from your insurance company, you should call your insurance carrier’s claims office, not the insurance agent who sold you the policy. The claims representatives and the agents serve you in different capacities.
The following information applies mostly to those who have undergone a high winds incident or hail storm and whose home is still intact and livable. If you have undergone a more severe loss than this, you will have more to consider.
Contact us today to get started! You will have peace of mind knowing that you have had a professional inspection and an accurate assessment of your roof.
Filing An Insurance Claim
OVERALL RECOMMENDED STEPS TO FILING A CLAIM
We are insurance restoration contractors, meaning we understand the insurance process and work with you and your insurance company to restore your home to better than it was before the storm. Your insurance advocate from Fiddler’s Roofing will make the insurance process easy!
- Contact us to have a complimentary roof inspection performed by a trained professional . If you have damage, we will recommend that you call your Insurance Company to see if any of the damages we found could be covered under your Insurance Policy.
- Call your Insurance Carrier’s claims office. Notify them that Fiddler’s Roofing inspected the roof and found evidence of hail or wind damage.
- Your advocate from Fiddler’s Roofing will meet with the adjuster.
- We will provide a detailed estimate for you to give to your Insurance Company.
- Scope of damages will be discussed between the Insurance Adjuster and your advocates from Fiddler’s Roofing.
- Your Project Manager will help oversee the entire process to make things easy for you.
- You are responsible for paying your deductible and any pre-selected upgrades or rotted decking not typically covered by Insurance.
- Once the scope of work is scheduled and completed, your Insurance Company will be invoiced and the recoverable depreciation portion of your claim will be released to you.
- Upon completion of construction and full payment to Fiddler’s Roofing your warranty and paid in full invoice will be sent.